4. What role(s) does water play in a nuclear power plant?
5. Briefly describe the greatest problem scientists face in successfully causing a nuclear fusion reaction to be cost effective.
6. After 10 half-lives, the radioactivity in a sample is considered to be negligible. How long should Sr-90 be stored if T1/2 = 28 years? How long should 1-131 be stored if T1/2 = 8.05 days?
7. The half-life of 125-I is 60 days. What percent of original radioactivity would be present after 360 days?
8. Calculate the F evolved in kJ for a reaction in which the mass defect is 1.68 x 10-4 g/mol.
9. What is the binding Fin kJ of one mole of deuterium? The difference between the mass of one mole of deuterium and the sum of the masses of the protons and neutrons in one mole of deuterium is 0.00340 g.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now